DFM Spotlight #1
Tom Handford - Van Manager
• If you were to tell one person "Thank You" for helping me become the person I am today, who would it be and what did they do?
It would definitely be my Grandad. I love my Grandad! He was a huge influence on me and on my development. He would always be more than happy to advise me and the best sounding board I could have ever had.
• What more are you wanting in your career right now?
Being a part of the Van Team @ DFM is something that I really enjoy. The relationships I have made alongside the places it takes me is great. I guess the thing I would want in my career now is to develop and grow LCV’s at DFM and achieve year or year growth. I see a significant amount of potential in our Van division and with the right team, I am sure that I would be able to see DFM commercial vehicles grow to be one of the best.
• What is one word you would use to describe yourself as a child?
I would have to go with the word mischievous or inquisitive as I now like to call it. I wasn’t a devil and I still remained one of the teacher’s favourites…
• What would you most regret not having done by the end of your life?
I would be gutted to not being able to see space! Gosh just imagine the view.
• What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
I live in Chester which is was a Roman settlement. Actually I was in the garden with my family and my son found a roman coin!
• What is your favourite thing about your current job?
Apart from having a great team, I guess my favourite thing about my job is being able to interact with new prospective clients, customers and partners. It just means alongside getting to know people I also get to connect with the wider Daimler group.
• If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hit the road Jack – Ray Charles, It’s an absolute classic!
• What’s your most interesting/embarrassing office story?
So I was playing rugby and I really injured my Ankle. It was so sore that I had to take my shoe off in the office I previously worked in but then when I went to put my shoe back on. It was filled with cornflakes!!!!!!! I must admit it was a good one. He wasn’t impressed when I put porridge back in his!
• What could you give a 30-minute presentation about with no advance preparation?
I love to travel and see what the world has on offer! My family and I try to make a conscious effort to see as much of the world as possible. I could 100% give a presentation on travelling with no prep as I’ve got the experience of visiting lots of different countries.